Accident Reconstruction / Biomechanics
RICHARD A. WATSON, PhD
Dr. Richard Watson joined BRC in 2003 and currently holds the position of technical director. Before BRC, Dr. Watson served as a CH-47D helicopter flight engineer in the US Army and a mechanic on heavy civil aircraft. Since obtaining his Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Texas at San Antonio, Dr. Watson has worked in the fields of accident reconstruction and biomechanics, and has special expertise in computer simulation and modeling.
Dr. Watson is also experienced in full-scale crash testing. He has testified in product liability and general negligence cases and has performed analyses in cases involving aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, workplace incident, and industrial equipment issues.
Certifications and Licenses
- Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist
- Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR)
- PhD, Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio/University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2020
- MS, Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio/University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2014
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio, 2005