JOHN F. ABERCROMBIE, MD
Dr. Abercrombie has practiced medicine for over 25 years, working at all levels of emergency department and trauma care through academic, urban, and rural/critical access hospitals. Prior to attending medical school, he received a BS in Biomedical Engineering with an emphasis in Biomechanics. He has served as an on-site physician for NASCAR races, USA Boxing-sanctioned events, community festivals and hurricane relief services. From the perspective of hospital administration, he has taken on duties as emergency department medical director and vice-chairman, was elected to the medical executive committee, and served as liaison to the hospital board of directors. Dr. Abercrombie continues to practice emergency medicine on a part-time basis.
Certifications and Licenses
- Medical Licenses in the states of North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas
- Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
- Advanced Cardiac Trauma Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Advanced Trauma Life Support
- MD, East Tennessee State University, 1996
- BS, Engineering Science & Mechanics (emphasis in Biomechanics), University of Tennessee, 1990